We are currently looking for a Junior Designer with a communications focus to join our growing Information Management and Information Technology team.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success. The Junior Designer reports directly to the Director of the Angus Connect Division, and works with several team members with a strong base of knowledge and industry experience. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about the design of Intelligent Buildings.
Our Angus Connect Division works on ICAT projects, including communications, security and audio-visual, with a strong focus on the Healthcare and Commercial sectors. Senior members of the team will mentor the successful candidate.
Areas of responsibility include:
– Using your AutoCAD and Revit design skills, you will be involved in preparing cutting edge plans, designs, calculations and cost estimates for our diverse client base
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
– College Diploma in an engineering design, architectural, network design, or related field
– 1-2 years related industry experience
– Knowledge of AutoCAD and 3D design including Revit is essential
– Previous experience in the design of electrical rooms, computer rooms, telecom rooms, network riser diagrams, data/voice networks and structured cabling is an asset
– Previous experience working on low voltage electronic systems and electrical building systems design
– Design experience on projects including CCTV, audio-visual, network, security systems, structured cabling, nurse call, wireless communications, PBX/voice, and real time location (RTLS)
– Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
– Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
– Good accuracy and documentation skills
– Ability to collaborate and work effectively in an variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
– Passionate about buildings and the built environment
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to quote “Junior Designer Communications Focus” in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program, please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.