We are currently looking for a Mechanical Designer to join our growing energy team.
Our Energy Division works on a variety of projects including central utility plants, industrial applications, cogeneration, power generation, and district energy. This role will focus on supporting projects in industrial applications and is an ideal opportunity for someone with strong mechanical design skills. This role will give you the ability to work alongside and be guided by some of the very best in the industry.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the consulting engineering industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success. The Mechanical Designer reports directly to a Group Manager with extensive experience in our Energy Division and will work with team members who have a strong base of knowledge and industry experience.
– Focus of the role is Mechanical design, including 3D using Autodesk Plant 3D software
– Regularly prepare drawings, technical designs, and related documents in an accurate and timely manner
– Participate in strategic planning, strategic initiatives, and other activities that build the company as appropriate or requested
– Ensure drawings are compliant with company standards
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
– Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology
– 1-3 years related industry experience
– Knowledge of AutoCAD is essential
– Knowledge of Autodesk Plant 3-D is an asset
– Knowledge of HVAC systems, boilers, chillers, and CHP equipment
– Familiar with the design of a variety of mechanical systems and have an understanding of relevant codes and standards that guide our work
– Ensures technical accuracy of project deliverables
– Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
– Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
– Good accuracy and documentation skills
– Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
– Passionate about buildings and the built environment
– Demonstrates accuracy and good documentation skills
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to quote “Mechanical Designer – Energy” in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.