See below for a webinar announcement from OSEA, the Ontario Sustainable Energy Association. The webinar panel includes John Hawkes, President and CEO of Angus Power and Chair of the Canadian Biogas Association:
OSEA Long-Term Energy Plan Webinar Series
Date: Thursday, October 17, 2013
Time: 10:00am – 12:00pm (EST)
Cost: $29.95 (Free for OSEA members)
Student rate available, contact: email@example.com
This is the second part of our discussion on the expanding role of sustainable energy in Ontario.
These webinars feed on-going deliberations with the Ministry of Energy as it interprets the results of its formal consultation on the Long-Term Energy Plan. Our ideas will help shape our future energy system. We want to hear from you! Join OSEA and a panel of distinguished sector leaders as we discuss the status quo and the development of a collaborative vision for a cheaper, firm portfolio of sustainable energy to heat, cool, power and move Ontario into prosperity.
- Robert Hornung, President, Canadian Wind Energy Association
- John Gorman, Executive Director, Canadian Solar Industry Association
- John Hawkes, Chair, Canadian Biogas Association, President & CEO, Angus Power
- Søren Hermansen, Director, Samso Energy Academy
- Dawn Lambe, Project Manager, Biomass Innovation Centre
- Jan Buijk, President & CEO, European Power Systems Ltd.
Questions that will be addressed include:
- Can we expand the energy portfolio and what should be in it?
- Will more sustainable energy increase reliability and energy security?
- How can we deliver maximum value through well-managed costs?
- What should the role of municipalities, community groups and First Nations be in the energy system going forward?
- Should we be locking into particular options?
- How can we influence the current political decision-making process?
Audience: Manufacturers, developers (on-grid, micro-grid and off-grid), labour, all political parties, municipalities, industry associations, government employees related to the sector, boards of education, students, conservation, CHP, storage, nuclear, gas and renewable energy stakeholders and advocates.