The 2013 APPrO* Conference wrapped up yesterday afternoon. Here are the Top Ten take-aways identified by HH Angus.
- Load growth is flat for the foreseeable future.
- Conservation is the most economical investment.
- Supply and demand are out of sync.
- Greater flexibility is required in grid management.
- Grid management has become more complex due to increased renewable generation.
- Power storage is a growth area.
- Government doesn’t tolerate uncertain pricing for the consumer.
- Long range forecasting with any certainty is a challenge as energy use and demand continue to evolve.
- Coordination between governing agencies needs to improve.
- Electricity cost increases being investigated.
Note – OPA’s Long Term Energy Plan 2013 ( LTEP ) is due to be released in the coming weeks.
*Association of Power Producers of Ontario