We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our growing energy team.
Our Energy Division works on a variety of projects, including central utility plants, industrial applications, cogeneration, power generation, and district energy. This role will focus on supporting projects in industrial applications. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has strong Mechanical Engineering and Leadership skills combined with a proven track record of quality design and project work. This role will give you the ability to work alongside and be guided by some of the very best in the industry.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company with an excellent reputation in the engineering consulting industry. At HH Angus, we value our employees and strive to create a culture of learning, growth, and success. The Mechanical Engineer reports directly to a Group Manager with extensive experience in our Energy Division and works with several team members who have a strong base of knowledge and industry experience.
Areas of Responsibility include:
– Work with the Group Manager and Mechanical teams to coordinate design activities on energy and central plant projects
– Prepare drawings and specifications, designs, calculations, and cost estimates
– You will build a solid foundation through hands-on experience and partnership with our mentors who will familiarize you with our industry and project deliverables
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
– University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
– 5–10 years related industry experience
– Knowledge of AutoCAD is essential
– Knowledge of 3D design including Revit is an asset
– Previous experience with Gas and Steam Turbine design an asset
– Knowledge of HVAC systems, boilers, chillers, and CHP equipment
– Familiar with the design of a variety of mechanical systems and have an understanding of relevant codes and standards that guide our work
– Experience in the varied areas of our field: coordinating projects, working with clients and problem-solving with contractors
– Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices and to contribute with innovative ideas
– Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
– Good accuracy and documentation skills
– Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
– Passionate about buildings and the built environment
We offer a competitive compensation package in an exceptional environment focused on growth and development. To apply, please send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to quote “Mechanical Engineer – Energy and Central Plant Focus” in the subject line.
HH Angus is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Upon request during the recruitment process, HH Angus will accommodate applicants with disabilities. For more information on our Accessibility Program please refer to our Accessibility Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.